Criminals who have spent their time find it difficult to return to their former community. To adjust, ex-offenders must be able to get a job that will sustain their lifestyle.
It is understandable that employers are reluctant to hire applicants with a criminal record. However, it is a way to change the life of a former criminal.
Costco brands itself as a membership warehouse club that offers a wide range of brand name merchandise. Costco also includes exclusive departments and exclusive services, making it a one-stop shop for all customer needs.
The company was started in 1976 in San Diego, California. It was opened under the Price Club Company, which supplies wholesale to small businesses. It was finally opened to non-business users, which led to its growth in 6 years.
Costco is one of the largest membership warehouse clubs in the country. It has more than 700 warehouses, including about 500 locations in the United States.
The company is proud of the large-scale competitive advantage package, which can be extended to partners, spouses and children. These benefits include healthcare, life insurance, and retirement plans.
Costco employees are placed in a fast-paced environment with ample opportunities. The culture within the company is that which promotes growth and excellence.
Does Costco Hire Felons?
According to our research, Costco does not impose a complete ban on applicants with guilt. They take into account a number of factors regarding the applicant’s guilt.
Costco considers the time after the release of the applicant. The more years have passed since the release, the greater the chances of getting a job. They also consider whether the applicant has done anything wrong during this time.
Costco recruiting managers also consider the type of punishment for the crime. They are more likely to consider applicants with non-violent offenses related to non-physical offenses.
It is also at the discretion of the hiring manager to take a chance with the applicant. The manager’s personal views as well as those of other applicants will influence his decision.
Application Process At Costco
Costco, one of the largest warehouse companies, allows applicants to create an account with Costco’s system to track their application process.
- Visit Costco’s Career page at https://www.costco.com/jobs.html to start your application. Click on the “Apply Now!” link to enter your location.
- This will show the nearby Costco branches. Select the preferred branch to be able to choose the desired position, if any. Clicking the job title will show the details of the position.
- The online application will require disclosures and personal information. Consent to a background and credit check is also required.
- Other checks such as criminal background information, employer reference, and legal work status is also provided to the system.
- Availabilities, work history, skill sets, and related background details will also be entered.
- Submit the application and wait for contact through the hiring officers.
Tips To Apply At Costco
Since the initial screening is done online, background and credit checks must be complied with. Note that many positions handle money, so going through these checks will boost employer confidence.
Read Costco’s disclosures carefully. Before signing, make sure you understand the details in the documentation to avoid future misunderstandings.
Enter references in the following order: first professional, then academic, and finally personal. Make sure your citations are updated and up-to-date.
When answering the application form, do not lie about the crime. When it comes to questions, be straightforward and honest in answering. If possible, express your desire to become a better person through this job.